Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Why?

Living in Hunstville, Alabama, I deal daily with engineers.  now if you never have dealt a lot with these types, you should know that engineers need to understand why to every question presented them,  it is just their nature.  Well one engineer guy in particular that I have shared the gospel with got motivated enough to read the entire Bible in about 3 weeks (wow!) and told me afterwards, that about 1/2 of the story must simply be missing.  I tried to explain that are certain parts of the Bible that we simply have to take on faith and will never fully understand until we are in heaven. We have now had this discussion several times and today he told me something that happened to him a while back that makes me think of the wonders of God.  He said that after reviewing some equation he was asked to execute to, that he tried to get the PhD in charge to explain where the equation came from and why it applied.  After starting about three times trying to explain it to him, the PhD finally said "I don't think you have the math ability to understand, so just have faith that it is correct and will work", it did.  
Is that what God has to remind us sometimes, that we just are not wired to understand some things?  I think so.  In fact there a lot of things that I don't understand and I never will, like why a child dies, or why an obvious evil person lives and why certain people are rich and some really Godly people I know struggle to surive financially.  I don't understand how the world was created by God, I don't understand how the waters covered the entire earth during the flood, but I believe both things are true.  There is not enough room on the internet for me to explain the rest of the things I don't understand!
Don't lose faith simply because you don't understand, simply accept that you are not made to understand it all, but God does and God has a plan that is for the good, PRAISE GOD!


Mark 4:35-41
35That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, "Let us go over to the other side." 36Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"

 39He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

 40He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

 41They were terrified and asked each other, "Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!"


No comments: